Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Taylor Loves Her Babies

Those of you who know Taylor know that at this point in her life, babies are her world. Everywhere she goes she hopes there is a baby (real or pretend) and if there is one she will spend every moment she can holding it. She is amazingly nurturing and gentle with them, and so fun to watch as this little mother comes out of her when she is holding them and she is just so tender and careful. She gets upset with Aubrey when she is not "treating" or "holding her baby right," and she really doesn't like it when she puts her baby down for a nap, and Aubrey comes up and (thinking the baby is available) "wakes her up!" We are working on helping Taylor understand that Aubrey doesn't understand her pretend play, and that the pretend baby is not as important as her real sister.
During this trip to Texas we got to meet two new babies and Taylor just could not get enough! The Mommies were very gracious and let Taylor hold them a lot. I am grateful that she is so gentle and good with them, because I really didn't feel nervous at all about it! She had it under control! ;) She is going to make a wonderful Mommy some day.
This is Taylor with my friend Jody and her baby Cailey (I hope I spelled that right!) at less than a week old!





















And here she is with my cousin's baby Elizabeth. (Taylor's favorite name in the whole world!)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Darin and Jody said...

Great pictures Katie, thanks for the update! I really enjoy the one of Taylor and Caily, I may be biased, but thanks for posting.